Getting Started with Aromatherapy in Your Own Life
If you want to use aromatherapy to help improve your health, it’s easy to get started, but there are some things you should understand first.
There are three main ways to use essential oils for health.
- Aerial: This is a way to get the fragrance into the air such as putting it with water to spray in the air, or with other compounds. You will find these in air fresheners, candles and more. The oil evaporating into the air allows you to easily inhale the oil.
- Inhalation: May be mixed with other oils, and even placed on a cotton ball, or into hot water to inhale the steam directly. This method is often used as a quick way to get the essential oil into the system to help with disinfection.
- Topical: Used in lotions, carrier oils, compresses and baths. This method is a great way to help people with sore muscles and other issues. You only need a few drops.
Using these methods to apply the essential oils will be used depending on what you’re trying to treat. The benefits of each method become clear as you use the essential oils.
- Massage: With massage you get two methods of healing, one through touch and one through the release of the essential oils into the air.
- Baths: Just a few drops added to your bath or your baby’s bath can help so many problems and encourage relaxation.
- Inhalation: If you have stuffed sinus, a headache, or issues with respiratory passages, inhalation is the best way to help you if you have the flu, a cold or other sinus issues.
Aromatherapy can go far in treating a number of aliments if you think about first, which problem you have, then which method will work best, and finally which essential oil is known to treat that condition. When you take all three factors into consideration then you can treat the problem faster and more effectively.